Authenticity Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Scope of Application
- Amos Media Company, 911 S. Vandemark Road, Sidney, Ohio 45365 (hereinafter referred to as "Coin World Marketplace") is the operator of the Coin World Marketplace for collection coins and bullion bars and coins (hereinafter "the platform").
- The following Guarantee of Authenticity shall apply to all sales of coins and bullion products via the platform for which Coin World Marketplace has granted a Guarantee of Authenticity to the buyer.
- The currently applicable conditions of this Authenticity Guarantee can be downloaded and printed out at coinworld.market.
Content of Guarantee
Coin World Marketplace warrants in accordance with the following guidelines that the coin and bullion product is not a counterfeit:
Guidelines for numismatic and semi-numismatic (graded and un-graded) coins:
- Items graded through the professional grading companies (NGC, PCGS, ANACS) have been professionally graded and the buyer and seller know that a third party has determined the coin to be authentic and assigned a numerical grade, and thus any disagreements about the quality of the coin, although not necessarily eliminated, are drastically reduced. The item shall be in an unaltered condition.
- If accessories such as holders, boxes etc. are not original or not as delivered by the grader or manufacturer, the vendor shall inform about this in the respective product description.
- Any item which has been altered or replicated must be marked as such in the respective product description.
Guidelines for bullion coins and bars:
- The seller and buyer must not participate in trying to “re-trade” the item in an attempt to make a quick profit or can’t claim the item is not authentic should market fluctuations decrease the value of the item.
- The vendor shall inform about known deviations from the original condition in the respective product description.
- These items can be scratched or appear “worn”. This is not an acceptable reason as to question its authenticity. The values of these items are largely based upon weight and purity, not appearance.
Guarantee / Appeal Period
This Guarantee of Authenticity applies only if the Buyer sends a complaint to email@example.com within 7 days after receipt of the item and prior to agreeing to “accept” said item. Bullion coins and bars are excluded and considered accepted upon accepting delivery, except should the item be defective.
Expiry of Guarantee
The guarantee expires if the buyer or a third-party opens the graded coin holder or alters the item in any way without prior consent of Coin World Marketplace in a text form (e.g. email).
Settlement of Guarantee / Guarantee claim / Maximum Guaranteed Amount
- Coin World Marketplace will contact the seller after receiving a complaint to examine the item and find a satisfactory solution.
- If no other satisfactory solution can be found, Coin World Marketplace will reimburse the paid purchase price to the buyer, provided the buyer has returned the item to Coin World Marketplace or to the seller with the consent of Coin World Marketplace (“Guarantee claim”).
- The total amount which will be reimbursed to the buyer within the scope of Coin World Marketplace’s Guarantee of Authenticity is limited to $50,000 USD per person and lifetime for all guarantee claims (“Maximum Guaranteed Amount“).
- For items purchased from sellers not holding the status “Authorized Dealer”, the total amount covered by the Guarantee of Authenticity is limited to $10,000 USD per person and calendar year.
Obligation to Mitigate Loss / Assignment Agreement
- The buyer shall take all necessary steps (a) to avoid the occurrence of a guarantee claim and/or (b) to recover payments which have already been made to the seller.
- The buyer irrevocably assigns all claims against the seller and third-parties (e.g. insurance providers) which are connected to the transaction covered by the guarantee as well as ancillary rights to Coin World Marketplace. Coin World Marketplace accepts the assignment. The assignment shall enter into effect in case of guarantee claims (cf. Sec. 5 (2) of these guarantee conditions).
- Should one or several of the provisions in these Guarantee of Authenticity conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- United States of America law solely shall apply to these Guarantee of Authenticity conditions to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not apply or does apply only to limited extent, if the user is a natural person and concludes this contract for a purpose which can be regarded as being outside his trade or profession (consumer) and where such commitment of the user has the effect of depriving the user of consumer protection legislation of his country of residence, which is mandatory according to the law of his country of residence. In this case, the aforementioned choice of law is supplemented by the respective consumer protection legislation of the user’s country of residence.
- Sidney, Ohio, U.S.A is the place of jurisdiction for any disputes arising from or in connection with this guarantee, if and to the extent to which the Customer is a merchant in the sense of the United States of America Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).